India has some great bloggers. They write good stuff. They provide inspiration to amateurs like… ME. They stimulate, motivate and aliviate.
India also has a lot of amateur bloggers like… ME. Here’s a list of things that I think amateur/newbie bloggers should steer clear of, especially in India. These are articles that have been done to death by others or are popular news items anyway. You know, like taking today’s headline and blogging about the same thing.
So I was going through the various article on the internet about how to generate ideas to blog about and tips or topics that you could blog about. This inspired me to write this post on what you should not blog about. More precisely, things I really wouldn’t want to read… again… and again on different sites.
So here goes:
- Mumbai terrorists attacks: we already know more than you can tell us. We also watch Aaj Tak and India TV.
- The latest cell phone from Nokia: I really don’t care for Nokia and I also subscribe to Engadget feeds.
- Your pet: Do I look like I give a shit.
- What you think of politicians in India: I am sure we already agree that they are pigs who should be roasted over a slow cow dung flame.
- Article from last month’s paper that you just realized is saved in your drafts: Oh hell no!
- Ease up on the Creative Commons License: Keep those posts/images/content down to a few hundred a month if you possibly can. I know its difficult. But if I can do it… so can you.
- Don’t put too many links: Keep wikipedia links down to every other word. Please. Wikipedia also needs to pay for bandwidth.
- Link Previews: Do you really think people like the snapfish box popping up on mouse-overs.
- Why you like Ugly Betty or other programming on TV that everybody gets: “The Simpsons” is an exception here. You can’t blog enough about “The Simpsons”.
- Things to blog about: Do not blog about things to blog about. People will do all of the above if you do this. Resist.
- Leave Bush alone: Content overload.
- Your daily activity: We are hoping that you are hygenic and do brush your teeth every day. The rest of the things we’ed rather you keep to yourself.
- Your girlfriend: That’s just sick man.
- Why you hate-Google/Microsoft/Apple/Linux etc: Don’t do this all year long. Wait for major product releases.
- Why you love-Google/Microsoft/Apple/Linux etc: Don’t do this all year long. Wait for major product releases.
- Your boss: Really doesn’t help me in any way whatsoever.
You may add more if you wish. I am all ranted out for now. But I will be back. I promise.